Monday, June 20, 2016

Week 50: The Greatest Choice

Hello everyone!!!

This week was AWESOME!!! FULL of miracles!!!

First, went on splits with Elder Ulrich!! Got to go to Sanjo. Very different area. It is more country side, so not many people on the streets. We went housing, which was definitely different than what I normally do. We didn't find anyone while housing, which was too bad. However, when we only had a little time left, we decided to pray to find out how to fulfill our goal of two new investigators with the little time left. We decided to head back towards the station in hopes of some students being around there - school had just gotten out.

There were not too many students on the street. In fact, only three on our way back. All three had interest in things we could teach from the Book of Mormon. We gave each one, and got return appointments! We had talked to 80 people that day, including other high schoolers, but it was after we gave our best, and turned it over to the Lord that He made the miracles happen.

Then Elder Okano and I had a FANTASTIC miracle in our own area!! We were on our way to visit a less active (who ended up not being home), and we were talking to people along the way. Then, my companion struck up a conversation with one of the people we passed. He said he was interested in our message, and, though he was normally busy, had time right then to hear more. So, we went to a near by shop, and taught him the restoration. He said that he would be baptized when he found out it was true, and was excited to read the Book of Mormon! We got a return appointment for today, and we are going to have FHE with him and some members tonight.  SUPER excited for him - we plan on setting a date for him to be baptized tonight!

Seeing lots of miracles everyday, but those are probably my favorite two of the week.

Now, one thing I have been thinking about this week is Alma 34:19-27. It says to "cry" over our fields, over households, for protection against the Devil, and various other things. First, are my prayers a cry? Do they carry that much emotion and desire?

Then, in addition to praying over everything, to "let your hearts be full, drawn out in prayer unto him continually for your welfare, and also for the welfare of those who are around you." Have you tried this before?

It takes a lot of concentration, and a lot more effort than simply getting through the needs of the day. However, I've noticed as I try it, I notice more the opportunities to serve. I feel a greater love for the people. I feel the Spirit directing my words towards the needs of those I meet more often. I feel a great desire that my prayer is fulfilled, and I find greater motivation to work so it is so.

As a result, there hasn't been a major difference in the amount of people accepting my message, nor is the change all that visible at all. However, I've discovered something.

Often times my desire is that people will accept me and my message, but it feels even greater to be accepting of those around me. Often, my desire is to have others be patient with me, but having patience for others is what will actually make me happier. Often, I think I want to be loved, but really loving others is actually the greatest emotion. Love is an emotion, but it is also a verb, and a choice. Have you ever felt poorly while feeling love towards another? Let me answer that question for you. No.

So my challenge is for each of you to try drawing your heart out in prayer, even for just one day with your heart drawn in prayer. And I can promise, as Mormon did,  that that great love endures by diligence unto prayer.
Try it this week!

Hurrah for Israel!
Elder O'Reilly


We had a zone p-day last week!! The carrot and daikon were used as batons in a relay.
And we had to pick jelly beans out of flour with our faces. Hence, the flour.
Also, note that the English on my companion's shirt is really bad. Pretty funny.

English class I taught for the Eiken test!

Bro. I!! We have FHE with him tonight and some of the members.
He has a heart of gold! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment