Monday, March 28, 2016

Week 38: Happy Easter!

Hello Everyone!

SOOO much happened this week, I don't even know where to start!

I guess the first thing is, one of the people we started working with wants to be baptized! First he wants to make sure our church is the true church, but I really don't feel like he will have too much of a problem with that. He moves to Shibuya for school on Thursday, but I'm still excited for him, especially since I know some of the Elders in Shibuya.

Up through the week, he read various parts of the Book of Mormon with us and on his own, along with reading a pamphlet to prepare for each lesson. He basically just asked us questions about the deeper stuff he didn't understand - like about the fall of Adam and Eve, etc.

Then, during one of our lessons, we felt prompted to ask him to read 1 Nephi 3-4, where Laban is killed by Nephi. He asked a TON of questions about it in the next lesson... But the chapters really caught his interest, and he ended up committing himself to reading the whole Book of Mormon! God really knows His children a lot better than I do - I would have never assigned that chapter, but reading the whole Book of Mormon, and getting his own personal concerns out with us before hand, will definitely help his progress! I'm glad I am not alone in this work!

As for the other people we met with, one seems pretty interested, but is sucked up in gambling, and I am not sure we will be able to meet... The others were just a little curious in who we were, or coming and seeing church once, etc. I think bringing someone to church still helped us gain the trust of the members though and we found some more PI's, so things are starting to get moving. In addition, the man that came to church has a professor who studies with professors at BYU, and said that he loves the Mormon people! We got his contact info, and we will see how that goes this week!

Well... It was fun teaching so many people this week... got me pumped to find some people this upcoming week!

Yes, Mom, I have played the piano while I've been out. I actually just played the piano in a talent show yesterday! I will find you there my friend. I also played at a funeral, and a few times during Priesthood and such.

One of my favorite things to do this week was testify of Christ and tell people what Easter is - most people haven't even heard of it here! I am glad to know I have a Savior, someone who makes up for my short comings everyday, and loves, cares, and plans carefully for each of us!

Hurrah for Israel!

Elder O'Reilly



No pics this week, but here is a video of the end of the last District Meeting - three of these missionaries go home this transfer, and they wanted a recording of us singing the old mission song, so here it is!
The missionaries going home are the Elder in only a white shirt (no jacket or sweater) and the two sisters in the center of the Sisters, if that makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment