Monday, April 11, 2016

Week 40: Just do it!

Hello everyone!

Hmm... This last week is a blur in my mind right now, but in the next few minutes I have, I will sum up a few of the miracles.

First, we did meet with the Professor this week. He really likes Mormons, and he said that he will try reading and praying about the Book of Mormon, so we're excited about him. I'll keep you posted on his progress. He is busy though, so I don't think we will be able to meet him this week... :P

Second, on the way to meeting with him, we were on a SUPER high. We could feel the Spirit well, and it was easier than ever to talk to EVERYONE. We testified of the living Christ, and how He could bless our lives, and make our families Eternal (definitely the greatest part of the good news!). When we came to a stop light, I was looking around me - it was a busy street corner, but even so, I was pretty certain I had talked to all of the people around me. After a few seconds of silence, someone walked up from behind me, and commented on my message. He asked what I was doing, and wanted to hear more! I had seen him at the beginning of that street, but due to circumstance, hadn't been able to tell him more than "good morning", and ask him how he was doing. Apparently, from there, though he had disappeared from my sight, he had been walking behind me for much of the way, and
probably heard us testify (and get rejected) 8 or 9 times, and basically set up his appointment with us! We will meet with him not this week, but the next... And looking at his Facebook, he Looks like he is a super cool dad, so I am excited for the opportunity to teach a family! I think the first visit will just be him, but hopefully it leads to more than that!

General Conference was awesome! It was like 10 hours of straight revelation! Favorite talk? I liked the one
on Fathers, I LOVED Elder Hollands, and I liked Ryan's favorite, too. My favorite theme from Conference though was pray frequently and sincerely (which made me particularly like the talk about doing it again -for the first time) and for EVERYTHING - especially to repent and to receive revelation. I don't know if that was actually said in
the talks, or just in my thoughts, but it really stood out to me how because the Holy Ghost is the purifier, revelation will come as we repent. Even good men need to strive to be better in order to have the Holy Ghost with them in a powerful, revelatory way.

We saw lots of other miracles, and got to see some pretty beautiful flowers. Unfortunately, I am just about out of time, but I want to join with the church leaders in saying that families can be Eternal! That is the greatest message we have for the world! That is why the Gospel is restored, that is why I go around like crazy talking to EVERYBODY - because I know it, and everyone will be blessed by knowing it. Nothing could be more essential to me than living so that I can be with my family for Eternity. That is why we must make the harder right instead of the easier wrong. So keep the end in mind - and just do it!

Love you all!
Hurrah for Israel!
Elder O'Reilly
Sakura! (Cherry Blossoms)

We talked to people as they looked at the beautiful flowers!

Closer to the flowers just so you get how awesome Sakura really is!

No comments:

Post a Comment