Monday, May 9, 2016

Week 44: His Ways

Hello Everyone!!

This week was incredible!!! Also, I will be trained by a new missionary starting Wednesday! Can't wait for all the great things I will learn!


First, Brother G is doing great!! We taught him the rest of the plan of Salvation, and he committed to do the big three - pray, read scriptures, and come to church! He should come this week, and we should meet him again tomorrow! Also, the family man, Brother S, will be the first investigator I meet with my new companion RIGHT after we get off the bus on Wednesday. Like, it will be a rush to get there! I hope we don't miss it!


Alright. Actually have a couple cool stories this week.


First, yesterday, we were about to go out finding (sorry to my family who already heard this story over SKYPE), and after we prayed to seek direction, we both felt that we should visit an investigator, Brother B, instead.





This is Brother B!

We had never been to his home before, but the sisters in our area housed into him recently, and gave us his address.

We got to the address, and realized we didn't know the apartment number! We figured that if we were supposed to visit him, he would be home, and only one apartment fit that description. So, we knocked... And it was his home! Unfortunately, he wasn't home, but his friend was.

My purpose in visiting was to give Bro B a French Book of Mormon. So... I introduced the Book of Mormon to his friend, Bro A, in a mix of broken French, Japanese, English. Haha. I'm surprised he understood! But he said that he wanted to read the book, so we gave it to him. He said he wanted to learn more, so we set up an appointment for next Sunday. I'll be brushing up on my French this week!

Other cool story happened today. We were on our way back from groceries. There were a lot of people out, and we didn't have a lot of time, so we couldn't talk to everybody - I hate passing people on the street, but sometimes you have to. However, I felt that I should talk with one boy. I stopped, told him who we were, and he said, "Oh, Christians? I'm a Boy Scout, and I'm working on my Christianity badge!" I didn't know that was a thing, but I fully support it. We plan on meeting him later this week! He is also interested in taking Eiken - an English test for Junior High students. We just so happened to have started a free course on that last Friday, so we should be able to meet with him pretty often. God works miracles if we will let Him!

So... Rely on the Spirit this week. Be willing to change your plans for His plans. Remember what He said, "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Look to Him, and He will bless you beyond what you could imagine!

Stay Awesome!
Hurrah for Israel!
Elder O'Reilly


Brother Tsukano - an awesome member of the branch that fellowships investigators really well,
and even goes out to find less actives homes with us!
He was converted just eight years ago -- AWESOME man! :)

These crepes were delicious!!! And buy one get one free... Apparently.
Ate one, and then they called us back and gave us one for free.
won't complain. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment