Monday, May 30, 2016

Week 47: Simplicity

Hello everyone!!!

This week was FANTASTIC! Talked to lots of people, and got to teach a KINJIN!!! :) We were in Sanjo (on splits) but it was still fun to talk to someone that wants to get baptized. That's always fun. :)

As far as fun moments this week, by far the top is when I took a wrong turn on the way home from splits. We only went about a minute down the road the wrong way... But my companion happened to pop his tire in those 60 seconds, making us miss our train.

We then got to study at the station as we waited for the next train (the day was already too packed to get in a better study than that). I then got to run with my companion's bike to the nearest bike shop, more than a 5k a way. We discovered that when you are dying from running alongside a bike with a flat tire on a hot day, more people stop and hear your message! I don't think anyone waved us away. Maybe I'll try it again sometime. :)

As far as miracles this week, some of the ward members are catching some Dendo Fire! Helping us with less actives, inviting people to activities... So hopefully some good comes out of that!

Now, as for what I learned this week, I really realized how simple missionary work is. Up until now, I have always been so worried about if I was doing it right, or if I should be doing this or that better - and don't get me wrong, I will still be trying to improve - but really, it is God doing His work. If we want to be effective in it, we keep the commandments, we repent, we give our all to Him - and as we do that, the Spirit comes in (it's role is a cleaning agent, as we do these things, it HAS too), and as we have the Spirit, we know what to say. Not because we're good at it, but because God is giving it in the very moment that we need it.

So my challenge to you is to give it all to God this week. Let the Spirit into your life. And just see if God can use you to help someone else.

Hurrah for Israel!
Elder O'Reilly


My companion, and one of my zone leaders. Writing home.
Also, me showing off my hair cut that I did myself. yep. Definitely getting it fixed up by a pro.
But for the time being, this will have to do. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment