Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Week 28: Comfortable People

Hello Everyone!

So... This week was crazy! And today was even crazier! We had dinner with the Mission President to celebrate his birthday, and we also got to teach brother S (the less active, not the golden investigator)! He now has a goal of going to the temple, and should be coming to church! Church is still hard for him, but at least he has the goal. :)

Now... This is going to be short. I need to get in a better habit of writing. Sorry. :P

What I learned this week: God doesn't like comfortable people. Comfortable = not learning. That means that anytime things get comfortable, things are about to change. For instance, brief history of my mission.

Coming into the field -> become tech staff -> become district leader -> help members of district work through problems I never knew existed.

Honestly, on a mission, I am working out of my comfort zone about 100% of the time. However, God always gives me just enough resources to finish the job. Stressful, if I forget that the Lord is actually my support, the one who called me here, and the one who will do the work.

Now, sometimes, I pray for things to be comfortable. And then I wonder why things don't just come that way. But I think of the prophets of old, the scriptures, all the examples I look to. God has never worked that way. Even the faithful, or more accurately, particularly the faithful had difficulties. Thus, Nephi said "having seen many afflictions in the course of my days, nevertheless, having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days;" God gives good experience to those willing to take it, but it was never meant to be easy, it was meant to perfect us.

So... Learning lots.

Now, big things this week:

- we are striving as a district to visit every member of the ward this week. So we have 12 appointments set up this week, and the ward is feeling like it is just about to catch on fire!

- Went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders, caught the "Dendo Fire" as we found a new investigator. Came back, and went on splits with those in my district, and we found two new investigators in an hour. Basically open the Book of Mormon (of course, following the Spirit to meet needs), and the man on the street said, "There are great things in this book! Can you teach me about it?" Umm... Yeah. Haha. Wish I had more time to write!

- Zone Meeting training! Talked about Ammon - how people doubted in the place he was going (un-Christian, anti church nation - sounds like Japan) - but how he still baptized THOUSANDS by working with recent converts and creating a church. And God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, so I basically just told everyone that we should baptize Tokyo. Yep. We're going to do it.

Well... Those are my thoughts on the week!!! Always behind, but I know that with the Lord's help, my little bit is enough!

Hurrah for Israel!

Stay Awesome! And remember that with the Lord on your side, you cannot fail!

Elder O'Reilly

So... This is not my companion. Just came to the Honbu for a week.
Some shifting around mid transfer around the mission. He's a way cool,
2nd transfer missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment