Monday, January 4, 2016

Week 26: A Guarantee of Success

Hello Everyone!!!

This week has been fantastic!! But it is also transfer week. I will definitely be missing my companion, but I am excited to work with Elder Ikegami! He is an American born Japanese, so I think is fluent in both languages. So that is pretty cool!

I'm also becoming district leader... so... that is interesting. I haven't even done a training at district meeting before! So this will definitely be a good learning experience.

First of all, I hope you all had as AWESOME of a new years as I did! I cleaned, watched the sunrise, and drank sparkling cider at Missionary midnight (aka 10:00pm). Way fun day to just listen to some hymns, clean, and ponder. And our apartment is actually clean! So that is a plus. And as a new years resolution, our apartment decided that everyone will clean the apartment together every p-day. Actually, I decided that for everyone, but either way we are cleaning apartment together, so it is pretty much the same thing.

So... coolest miracle of the week:

We went to go buy groceries on Wednesday, because Tuesday was too busy to buy groceries (went to the temple with a recent convert, taught a bible class, and a few other lessons). On our way back, we were trying to talk to people. One of the people we ran into had actually met Elder Harrison on a bus before, and the first thing he did was apologize for never coming to our church! He said he was always planning on coming, but he was just too busy! We asked him if we could meet again, and he showed us his home and said we could stop by anytime!

Then, we were at a ping pong activity on Saturday night, and I had the impression that we needed to go and visit this investigator. I talked to my companion, and we were off! We met with him, and he talked about the recent death of his father, and how grateful he was for our visit. He then invited himself to church (he got lost on the way and couldn't come - but at least he wants to!), and we plan on meeting him again this week! Brother O. shows a lot of interest in our church, and doesn't love anything as much as he loves Jesus Christ! He told us that he wants to be a member of our congregation... so I think he has a good amount of potential. :)

After that, we got back to go to the church when the assistants randomly needed us in the office. As Elder Harrison worked on solving the problem, I started contacting the list of potential investigators we wanted to meet with. I wasn't getting too much luck, until I felt that I should skip everyone on the list and go straight to a potential investigator that we previously had had no luck with. He picked up, and said that he would love to meet up some time! He has a Mormon friend, and would love to learn about our beliefs. He wants to meet us at a McDonalds,
but hey, it's a start!

So I learned something - I have my own methods and plans, but they never compare to God's plans. That is why it so important to listen to the Spirit! In PMG it says that we will be successful as we learn to recognize and follow the promptings of the Spirit (page 89). As I pondered that sentence, I realized that this is not just for a Missionary - this is the path way to success in life! I know from experience that if you will rely on the Lord, He will make so much more of your life than you can!

So seek to recognize the Spirit this week! It may take removing a few obstacles (loud music, sketchy movies), reading some scriptures, prayer, and getting to the Temple, but nothing could be more valuable! What else could guarantee your success?

Stay Awesome!

Hurrah for Israel!
Elder O'Reilly

This is a crab. It is alive. We boiled it and ate it!

Panarama of the New Year's sunrise

Standing on the roof of my apartment, watching the sunrise on New Year's Day!
First sunrise of the year in the world - well, almost...

Pokemon! My companion wanted to go to the Pokemon center for his last pday here!
So we went a total of 3 times together. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment