Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Week 31: Temples - The Happiest Places on Earth

Hello Everyone!

I went to the temple today. It was INCREDIBLE! I've never gone to the Temple and not had all my questions answered. I can't promise you that if you go to the Temple you will get questions answered and such - there is always the Lord's timing - but if there were a way to speed up the Lord's timing, it would be going to the Temple. Aside from that, the feelings of peace and strength that come from the Temple are worth it regardless. Yep. The Temple is basically proof that Disneyland is not the happiest place on earth. haha

Well... We had some AWESOME first lessons this week! We only ended up having two - one got pushed back to next week, and one for now is cancelled - but they went very well, I think.

Both of them have religions that they already believe and enjoy - a real rarity in Japan, I'm used to working with blank slates - but they are willing to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it... Reminds me of a sign that hung outside a Baptist (I think) church. "Don't read the Book of Mormon and pray about it - that's how they get you." We've totally got them! Haha. I'm glad that we have a message that people can know for themselves, and that I can be confident that they will find their answer. The converting power of the Book of Mormon is AWESOME!

On Monday - I don't know if I already wrote about this or not - we helped the Sisters move. We, therefore, had very little time left over. But while we were helping them move, we ran into Brother J - I don't know if you remember him, one of our super deep investigators - and he wanted to meet! So we had a lesson with him. He wants to get closer to God and really have God work through him. I think we can help him! I love it when investigators have golden desires.

Well... We are still really looking for new investigators. We found a few this week, and we will see how much potential they have soon. But I want to tell you about our new finding method.

We walk around with a picture of Jesus Christ being baptized, and tell people that we are missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and that we are teaching about how to get closer to God through following the example of Jesus Christ. We found a lot of people that weren't interested. However, we also found some interested people. It's a really good way to sort through who has interest and who didn't.

That sums up some of the great miracles of the week! Hope things are going well for all of you!

Hurrah for Israel!
Elder O'Reilly

At the temple with Elder Ikegami

No comments:

Post a Comment