Monday, February 1, 2016

Week 30: So Great A Cause!

Hello everyone!

This week has been INCREDIBLE! We started out with just one investigator at the beginning of this week (had a few people drop off the map recently), but we found/or came back into contact with 4 people for the upcoming week! I'm excited to see them progress in the Gospel! The week started with the goal of having a teaching pool (goal set with my companion) and finding someone to baptize (goal set by little brother, Jace over email. He is WAY too cute to let down). So we worked hard, and prayed harder, and found four people to teach that all seem like they could be baptized to me!

Now, I want it to be clear that it is God that granted us success. Sure, we worked hard, but success never seems to be directly connected to our work. As we strive to be more obedient (there are always little rules that I should be paying more attention to) and follow the Spirit (one of the people we came in contact with we actually contacted while we were planning on going out finding; however, we had the strongest feeling we needed to call someone. We looked in the phone, which has a large collection of numbers obtained by missionaries. We called the obvious choice - a man nicknamed "wolf man" in the phone - and he is coming to church this week. Further attempts to contact show that while he is very willing to coordinate and make a time to call or meet, but because he is busy, we have to call at just the right time.). Of course, God doesn't give success to people that aren't working, but I can honestly tell you, that this work has NOTHING to do with me or my ability, which is actually quite the relief.

I'm excited to talk about them more next week!

One of my favorite things that happened this week is the implementation of the area plan. I think everyone should be doing that now, but I'm not sure. However, I really love the area plan for the Asia North Area. The vision is "Because we want to live with Heavenly Father again, we love, elevate, simplify, strive, strengthen, invite, and find joy in the Gospel of Jesus Christ." As we talked about the plan together as a ward, and particularly with the Bishopric (we had a planning meeting with the missionaries and the Bishopric for the year), I really felt two things.

First, the Spirit really confirmed to me these simple truths, that this is God's work, and He is prepared as ever to perform it through us, if we will let Him.

Second, this message is really simple! We first find joy for ourselves, then we share that joy with those we love. It isn't another thing to be put onto a never ending checklist, but should be a natural flow because this Gospel is absolutely AMAZING!

Aside from that, as I really thought about what matters to me in life. NOTHING matters more to me than returning with my family to live with Heavenly Father again. In the end, nothing else will really matter all that much. Sometimes school, work, and stress make things foggy and it seems difficult, but when we set our goals high, it takes hard work to fulfill! However, as we remember that purpose, the difficulties fade, and it all becomes worth it!

So let's all choose to remember how AWESOME this Gospel is and share it with those we love! Shall we not go on in so great a cause?

Hurrah for Israel!
Elder O'Reilly
P.S. I'm going to the temple this week (can't wait!!!!), so I will be emailing on next Tuesday!

Ultimate Frisbee in the park (Zone P-day)! My team was undefeated! :-)

We're in Tokyo! I think this was a on the 10th floor

No comments:

Post a Comment