Monday, September 12, 2016

Week 62: Goodbye, Niigata!

Hey Everyone!!!!

Ok. So... I have to leave Niigata. Makes me rather sad. LOVE the people here, and I just love this area. Great missionaries, loving members, and INCREDIBLE investigators. Sad to leave it all behind.

From here, I am going to Shibuya!!! WAY excited. SO MANY PEOPLE. I'll be a Zone Leader there as well. And Zone Meeting is on Friday. And my companion wasn't a zone leader there before either. So.... I just planned Zone Meeting two days ago, and I'll plan another in two days... For missionaries I don't really know. Needless to say, I'll be seeking lots of revelation. Either way, TONS of new missionaries this transfer (29), so lots of entirely new missionaries to help!

Anyways... This week was filled with Miracles.

Brother I. came to church! He was excited to testify to everyone, talk about the Book of Mormon with the members, and tell everyone he was being baptized on the 25 of this month. He's basically awesome.

After church, we taught him the Word of Wisdom. He told us that it was a little difficult to stop tea and coffee, but we taught the blessings, and he told us he would keep it before I could even finish the commitment!

We also met with Bro H, the 19 year old student, this week, and he should be baptized on the 9th of next month. He struggles to come to church, but he's trying to get work off to come this week! Please pray for him! Way nice kid, though. He particularly loves prayer, and should be progressing well!

Also, we were in a threesome this week, so I got to teach Bro O again, and some of my old investigators (in the process, one of them finally set a date to get baptized!!!). I have to leave Niigata, but at least I get to leave when it's on FIRE! Jacob also got a break from work, and came to Stake Conference. So... Basically all the people I've been working with have been choosing to progress wonderfully lately. Makes me very happy.

This past week, I got to give a blessing to two members. They came with the same problem, and the first thought that crossed my mind is, will I tell both the same thing? Second thought that came to mind was that I wouldn't be telling them anything.

As I laid my hands on their heads, inspiration came to mind that gave me a depth of knowledge into their personal needs and what blessing should be given. As I did so, I felt powerfully God's love for these two sisters.

I know without a doubt that God knows each of us perfectly. Despite knowing our weaknesses and mistakes, He loves us and desires our happiness. I testify that Christ's Priesthood has been restored to the earth and is found in His church!! And because He loves us so much, He gives us access to that power! What a blessing to have direct communication and help through Him! And of course, I know that all is made possible, and done only through the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I hope you rely on Him daily by making repentance a habit! Don't ever live short of the blessings that God has put in your life!

Love you all!

Hurrah for Israel!
Elder O'Reilly


Niigata Zone

Mission Leader Conference, with President Nagano

Mission Leader Conference

District Lunch! 
My two companions for the week! And Brother H, the golden student!

No comments:

Post a Comment