Thursday, April 27, 2017

Week 94: New Opportunities!

Hello Everyone!!

This week was INCREDIBLE!!! We had a member of the Area Presidency, Elder Choi, visit our mission this past week. The Spirit was strong, and I have a strong desire to improve, with a higher vision of what we can accomplish. So... life is good! :)

Some favorite quotes from the conference:

"If you don't like it... LIKE IT!"

"NO. Thank you for saying, no. N.O. New Opportunity."

I get to talk to someone new, and they get to talk to a missionary later. :)

"When you are sick, don't think you are sick. Go running"

Using this great advice and a higher vision, we have had SOOO many miracles! Like, I don't even remember to contact all the people we found. Haha. Oops. I'll work on it. But, for example, we found a 金人 (Prepared person) just a minute ago. Same street that I found my first recent convert, actually. Similar situation in life and way I found him, actually. Like, almost exactly the same, except this time I got an appointment the first time I met him on the street. Soooo... PUMPED! :) Also, we had two people come to church and the baptismal service last week! They Both seem like they want to be baptized! Sister S and Bro A (a new investigator).

Seeing so many miracles from simply raising my faith and pushing forward with a boundless, happy attitude (yes, that is how I would describe what I feel now), I think of two quotes.

"Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he."

As we hold high vision, we have life. As we keep the law, we can have high vision, because we know God will bless us. I realize that in Japanese, this says "jigen" (a vision like Lehi saw) and that the foot note says "vision, revelations" but PMG teaches the same principle, so it's still doctrine all the same. :)

Second, this quote:

"You look with optimism, work with faith, and things happen."

There is so much power in optimism! And really, there is sooo much to be happy about! We are so blessed! I know the Savior and our Heavenly Father live, and love, us; They have a plan for us. Even if that was all we had, it would be enough!

Hurrah for Israel!
Elder O'Reilly


Met this man on the train. Sooo nice! He helped me when I had some crazy train trouble after just meeting and talking for a few minutes on the train. To even meet with him, we had missed our stop, but I think there was a reason for that. :-)He actually has strong beliefs about family and seeking joy, but thought he was alone in it. He thought our meeting was the direction of God, and it was just a great chance to get to know him! It was great to see him light up as we did!


Man we met today! We took a quick church tour. He believes in God, and is excited to learn more at our FHE next Monday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment