Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Week 96: "The Lord Thy God Shall Lead Thee"




Hello Everyone!

It's been a packed week! Nearly every day has been either splits or a conference. Really puts me on a Spiritual high, but it's also really exhausting at the same time.

Because of how busy we've been, I only really had one night with my companion to go out and work. We met Bro. N. Our appointment had fallen through on Sunday night. We had biked pretty far, and we prayed to know how we could still use time effectively. It's been my experience that as we pray in faith, and adjust plans to match the impressions we receive (whether or not they are the strongest impressions), we see the Lord's hand perform miracles in our work. This is true regardless of placement, time restraints, etc. There is nothing too hard for the Lord. (Gen 18:14)


As I go to each of the meetings we had this week, we get a moment at the end for closing remarks. I never know what to say at the beginning of the conference, and, it is easy to stress about it. But, as I pray for the missionaries, and observe them throughout the conference, impressions come to my mind, and I know what the Lord wants me to speak to them. Whether it has connection to the conference, or not, it always ends up that my companion and I speak on the same subject. He tends to share a personal experience on the subject, and I add a scripture, testimony, and a few remarks of my own - only we never plan it. But of the 3 or so chances we had to do that this past week, we spoke on the same subject every time.


I know the Lord guides this church, despite the weakness and mistakes it's leaders make. I know that God loves each of His children, and all He does is for their benefit. When we choose to follow the Lord and His leaders, it opens the door for Him to direct us and answer our prayers (D&C 112:10). This is when we can experience miracles, and find the greatest joy in our lives!

Love you all!
Hurrah for Israel!
Elder O'Reilly



No comments:

Post a Comment