Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Week 56: What!?!

Hello Everyone!!!

This week was CRAZY!

First, on Monday, we found out that the baptism would have to be postponed for one month because of the surgery. So we cancelled. :(  crazy stuff.

On Tuesday, we had splits. I was with Elder Amado. And there are always splits miracles.

We met with Brother Y randomly on the street. We had a lesson right there - he had free time because of summer break. We taught him about prayer, who God is, what we do as missionaries, etc, and we set up to meet him again tomorrow!

Later that day, we called Brother M, a less active. We tried to set up an appointment... And he wanted to meet right then!! Apparently he wanted to meet someone from Peru, and happened to be in town that day, so we made it work. (He's only in town once a month on a rather random schedule, so it's hard to meet even if he wants to). We talked about the Plan of Salvation. We also reviewed the way to pray. I can't imagine forgetting how to pray!!

Then, on Thursday, we had a call from President Nagano at night. He told us that if the only thing wrong was his eye, we should just use goggles and do it anyways, so that he could participate in the temple dedication (happening in just less than a month from now). So I was like, ok. We can do it next week, after announcing it in church. We just cancelled it, so that would be most natural. Plus, he still has to have his interview, etc. but no! President Nagano said, why not this week? Umm... WHAT!?! Ok. I didn't believe at first, but we started working fast.

So... We pulled things together really fast, did some contacting, and had gotten all the necessary prep and permission on Saturday. So we emailed the members. They were surprised, to say the least, but it was a great service, and lots of people came.

As I thought about, can we really do a baptismal service? It finally crossed my mind, that this wasn't for us or the members. It was for him. He was, in fact making a covenant with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost (D&C 20:73). It had nothing to do with us, and he felt strongly that he wanted to do it. As I thought about it deeper, I realized this is one of the few covenants we make directly with our Heavenly Father (not just in Christ's name as our advocate, but also with Him directly). Just think about that. I think it shows something of it's importance.

Stay awesome! :) love you all!
Hurrah for Israel!
Elder O'Reilly



Last district meeting of the transfer. :P
I'll miss some of these people. That sounds really bad, but most will still be here,
thus I will only miss some of them. I love all of them. I promise. haha

The baptism :)

My apartment eating lunch together for the last time...
Elder Amado will transfer out. My current companion (across from me) will still be
in the apartment, but not my companion any more. Weird!
We'll go on splits this transfer though. :-)

This is my new companion! :) Elder Kakegawa
Technically, I transfer to his area. So...I will probably have to move to the other desk.
It's going to be hard to arrange for the travel for transfers. :)
(same apartment, except in the room with the air con :))


No comments:

Post a Comment