Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Week 60: Buckets!

Hello Everyone!!!

Well... I went to Sado this week! Basically the dream of everyone in the mission to go. :) Basically partied on an island for a few days. And saw miracles. Of course.

Favorite, by far was when we were streeting on the way back from housing. We prayed often for direction. It was most apparent when we both passed a street. I had the impression to turn down the street. By the time I turned around, my companion, Elder Okada, had just done the same. Without saying a word, we followed the same impression for reasons we didn't yet know.

Sado is a bit of country side, so not a lot of people on the streets. As we walked down the street, there was only one man. He just so happened to be interested in Christianity and was very willing to hear our message, and gladly accepted the challenge to read the Book of Mormon. Such a prepared man! It's experiences like that that confirm to me that God knows and loves His children, and directs us as we strive to serve them!

When we got back from splits to Sado, we had splits with the other Niigata Elders. We followed the Spirit, and in a like manner found several new people to teach. However, coolest miracle was when we went to visit a man found by the Sisters (they went housing).

First words out of his mouth:
"Is there an ordinance to enter your church?"

Awesome. Let's get straight to the point.

"Yes. Baptism"

"That's where you are cleansed from your sins, right?"

Wow. OK.

We proceeded to have a discussion about the importance of baptism, in the which he committed himself to baptism before I could ask, on the condition that he found out it was true.

Yep. I didn't even need to be there. Just there to see the miracles. We meet him again tomorrow to pick a date and do a church tour before he comes this week. :) So that's Brother I.

Subject of my letter comes from my District Leader. Buckets of Miracles. Only way I can describe my life right now. Our other investigator, Brother H, read 1/3 of the Book of Mormon when all we asked him to read was Moroni 10. He committed himself to the challenge, and thinks the Book of Mormon is AWESOME. We have an appointment with a father of a family (I'm guessing from the look of the house that a family lives there) in a bit from now. Less actives are progressing, and the list goes on!!! These are just some of the highlights.

As I see all these miracles in my life, it's surprising to even myself that the miracles aren't actually what make up my faith. It reminds me of this scripture:

"9 But, behold, faith cometh not by signs, but signs follow those that believe."

Certainly, miracles are spiritual experiences. However, none of it compares to my study from 8 to 9 everyday; the impressions I receive while I read the Book of Mormon are far more powerful than anything I could see. In my experience faith comes from those small moments, that cannot be seen - thus Alma says that "if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true."

I have a hope in the Atonement. I have a hope in Christ, the Savior of the World. I have a hope in our Heavenly Father, who knows us and loves us perfectly. I know these things are true. I challenge each of you to raise your faith; increase in study and prayer; apply the principles you learn! I know that as you do, you will get buckets of miracles!

Stay Awesome!
 Hurrah for Israel!
Elder O'Reilly


Sunset! :) On the way to church for Eikaiwa.

Mexican food from home!! :) Fiesta time!
Also, I have clearly reached angel status. You can tell by the light around my head.  Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment